Monday, July 27, 2009

Statues in the dark...

As previous posts can attest I'm feeling a little bit older of late, but I'm not quite at the age where I've managed to purchase my own home. I do, however have a penchant for cruising the decorating sites and hoarding ideas for later when I do own my own home.

So I was reading through ApartmentTherapy.com today and I came across a regular post that they do which centres around tours of people's homes. This picture is from a woman's home in South Africa, which the article calls a "shrine."

I have to say-- ignoring the fact that I'm not particularly religious-- I would not want to stumble into this dining room in the dark. You could easily scare yourself silly with a life-sized figure of Christ nailed to your wall! What's more, I imagine that smashing a figure of Christ because you think it's an unusually nimble cat burglar in the dark likely brings about more bad luck than, say, breaking a mirror?

Just a thought. *shiver*

No comments: