Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Poster Review: I love you Phillip Morris

I saw this poster and the only thing I could think of was: how on earth it Ewan McGregor going to pretend to be in love with that?!

Seriously, I really am intrigued by the premise of this film but that poster makes me think that his skin is going to melt. The black lettering on a yellow background also doesn't help me get into a non radioactivity and bombs mental space...

For a comedy which according to reports doesn't shy away from representing homosexuality onscreen, and has managed to drum up some controversy based upon the little exposure it has enjoyed thus far I'm disappointed by its marketing. Especially in view of the uphill battle it has to fight for release in the United States. At present it is expected to go straight to DVD.

Sadness.

No comments: