Wednesday, August 5, 2009

The Lovely Bones...

...was the most heartbreakingly beautiful book I have read in the past few years and being that it centres around the rape and murder of a 13-year-old girl it's no wonder it broke my heart. But the reason the book was so beautiful is that it really made an effort to explore what happened to her after she was killed and expand upon the love in her family. It manages to (by the end) show you the beauty of life through the absolute horror of the event at the beginning of the novel.

To that end they've made a movie and I'm a little concerned it's not going to meet my expectations; there's a lot of subtlety and contradiction that the film needs to explore in order to live up to its source material. Check out the trailer and let me know what you think. Will you check out the lovely bones?

http://www.apple.com/trailers/paramount/thelovelybones/

No comments: