Monday, August 3, 2009

For shame: the TV vs. Film Dilemma

I am actively boycotting the Ugly Truth as there are many far superior movies in theatres at the moment. Unfortunately-- my friends and I aside-- the film seems to be doing quite well at the box office and it leads me to wonder about movie watchers' habits. Obviously the Romcoms tend to do quite well but for an actress who complained about not having enough meat to warrant an Emmy for her role (not that, you know, she was thinking she had a chance of winning or anything) it's an interesting choice of roles for Katherine Heigl.

Lo and behold someone thought the same thing! Check out this article and let me know what you think...are the TV roles for women more plum at the moment?

"Shew vs. shrewd" (chicagotribune.com)

The ladies of Emmy's drama nominations certainly think so! Check out their round table discussion when you're done reading about my currently least favourite blond (my most favourite being Edie Falco).

No comments: