Tuesday, August 4, 2009

HD is to newscasters as 3D is to teenagers...

In recent years the government has come up with new fangled "holographic" driver's licenses that are supposed to be harder to replicate (there's a reflective/holographic replication of your license photo in the bottom corner among other things). I have managed to hold onto my old one dimensional photo ID from University but recently my license expired and I've had to renew. What--might you ask-- is the point?

Well, after accidentally sleeping in this morning and rushing into work with my glasses on, wet hair pulled back, and no makeup I had to renew my license this afternoon. I am quite excited to see how my ID photo turned out; especially in view of the fact that I'm going to have to display it proudly in liquor stores and concert halls for the next five years.

I bet I look like Megan Fox.

What the whole holographic angle did make me begin to wonder (after the second "glasses-on" picture in which the top half of my face was obscured by the glare of my crazy-thick lenses, and I was standing back to the wall waiting for the flash from an object I could not see) is how the new craze for 3D movies will effect actors in the years to come. I've heard stories about news casters who've had to adjust their beauty habits solely due to the HD experience making it easier to spot imperfections. How will 3D effect that?

Can you imagine: Zac Efron's acne in 3d?!?!

I shudder to think...

1 comment:

teen said...

It's great to be a teen !