Monday, May 4, 2009

True Love...

Get ready everyone because True Blood is back in all its glory June 14 (HBO Canada and US) and I can't wait! This picture is from the cast party in Vegas to create some hype for the second season. I am all for creating hype for good shows (lord knows enough of them get thrown by the wayside to make way for terrible reality TV). Thing is...as much as I love the cast of this show, I'm not loving a couple of things about this picture:

a) Anna Paquin's outfit, it looks like she wrapped herself in in newsprint (or possibly one of those shower curtains that students like to use in their crappy college apartments) and wore a sports bra to keep from flashing the crowd. Not cute.

b) Ms. Thang on the left here is fierce* on the show but perhaps we are taking the method acting a little far? Get the lady some True Blood!

c) Stephen Moyer is about to fall asleep. Anna is holding him up while the fierceness tries to divert attention...is it working?

d) Sam Trammel (they picked a Sam to play Sam?!) seems to think he's at a dirty bar in-- oh wait no, he's spot on.

There is one thing I LOVE about this photo, and it's the look on Alexander Skarsgard's face. That is a look that says, "yeah he IS my dad and I COULD play a great Thor." It is also a look that says, "you know you want me." Unfortunately the "you know you want me" look is not terribly dissimilar to the "you know I want to lock you up in a basement and keep you as a pet" look which is decidedly less sexy.

Oh irony.

*Yes I did use Fierce. In my defense, keep in mind that I'm deconstructing the appearance of incredibly attractive people. This is a superficial post, therefore I will use superficial adjectives.

No comments: