Monday, January 4, 2010

Enough already!

In yet another of my random rants regarding marketing on public domains please see the attached ad which popped up while I was shamefully perusing one of my social networking accounts. I really can't stand this obsession with Vampires.

This is not to say that I am against the genre, I think that like anything else it can be a great metaphor for deeper and darker desires and be used to work out those demons in a socially acceptable (and lets face it, sometimes sexy way). For instance, I'm a fan of True Blood. But between the terrible adaptations of horrible paperback novels (yes I'm talking to you Stephanie Meyer) and the penchant of the powers that be to ride something until you've put it in the ground (please excuse the turn of phrase) it really is enough already.

But seriously...Vampire Romance Novels with your name in it? Guess what guys?! There's also a service where you can Photoshop your kid's head into an Alphabet book to get them interested in reading.

Vomit.

You're an adult, read a real book and stop lusting after teenaged boys. And if you're a teenager yourself I hope that there's an adult around to set you straight.

No comments: