Tuesday, February 24, 2009

I'll give you a hint...

And Just when you thought any semblance of originality had disappeared from the vestiges of Hollywood production houses...CLUE: the movie.

Yes that's right...THE MOVIE

Based on a billion dollar making board game from the 40's and brought to you by that guy who made an Oscar nominated trilogy of kids action movies loosely based on a theme park ride, comes 'Clue' from Universal Pictures. It should be noted that this game has already spawned 1985's black comedy "Clue" starring Tim Curry and a host of other known actors which did not do very well commercially but has managed to somehow attract a mini-cult following.

Now to be fair, if I had made billions of dollars based on a board game that the entire world already owns, I too would be trying to find new ways to stretch the product. And who better to direct it than Gore Verbinski? He has directed several of the pivotal movies of our time...The Ring, Mousehunt, Hmm...I think I'm sensing a pattern here. I may need to rethink this whole striving for originality thing... Also waiting in the wings according to Variety.com? "Stretch Armstrong", "Monopoly", "Candyland" and "Ouija".

I'm very concerned.

Gore Verbinski to direct 'Clue'
http://www.variety.com/article/VR1118000533.html?c=13

No comments: