Monday, February 23, 2009

Ripping the Fashion Rags


I have recently realized that I very much enjoy ripping on fashion magazines (particularly the free of charge variety that are piled neatly in the racks that line the walls of bus stops and subway stations). Now it could be my underdeveloped sense of style or the fact that most "off the rack" clothing doesn't exactly accentuate my virtues (read: fit me at all since--and this is not the bitter curvy girl rant--there are VERY few people for whom off the rack actually fits properly). Or it could be that I am bored and unenlightened and "just don't get it". Either way I LOVE to deconstruct the images and information in fashion magazines.

It has become my new time waster.

So I got my hands on a copy of the new issue of "H&M" magazine (admittedly not a feat of great skill seeing as they give them out free when you walk into the store) and inside was a picture of the above monstrosity.

Is it just me, or does this girl look like an escapee from some kind of CW reality show asylum on acid?! It's a little like ANTM decided to have a crossover event with Grey's Anatomy and they've introduced Dr. McPhyscotic. Sorry honey, that part is being quietly plodded through by Kevin McKidd. Oh god I hope they didn't hire him for his name...

...although that might explain a few things.

No comments: