Thursday, February 11, 2010

Oh how the mite-ey have fallen...

It's always a real treat when an artist you like offers up a free tidbit for your general consumption, whether it be a free for all or a treat for loyal fans. So I was pretty pumped when I opened my e-mail today and found that I had a message from English indie darling Kate Nash's website. Not only was it welcome news in the form of a new album announcement but Nash was releasing a new song to the public called "I just love you more." Oh la la!

But horror of horrors, after fighting with the file extraction for a minute I realized that it was in a protected .wma format (who does that?!). This of course meant it wouldn't make it to my iPod without a lot more fighting but I pushed the thought aside and sat down to listen....

...and was further horrified.

One of my genuine musical gems of the last couple of years has completely diluted her lyrically honest, musically vivacious pop sound to a familiar, grungy and tired imitation of many of the popular female fronted indie rock offerings. *sigh* Let's take a moment to remember...

No comments: